history (plural histories)
- The aggregate of past events. [quotations ▼]
- History repeats itself if we don’t learn from its mistakes.
- The branch of knowledge that studies the past; the assessment of notable events. [quotations ▼]
- He teaches history at the university. History will not look kindly on these tyrants. He dreams of an invention that will make history.
- A set of events involving an entity. [quotations ▼]
- What is your medical history?
- The family’s history includes events best forgotten.
- A record or narrative description of past events.
- (medicine) The list of past and continuing medical conditions of an individual or family.
- A personal medical history is required for the insurance policy. He has a history of cancer in his family.
- (computing) A record of previous user events, especially of visited web pages in a browser.
- I visited a great site yesterday but forgot the URL. Luckily, I didn’t clear my history.
- (informal) Something that no longer exists or is no longer relevant.
- I told him that if he doesn’t get his act together, he’s history.